2020 holiday e-commerce stats show one thing is certain after this year: Online sales and mobile commerce are the future for retailers, with mobile driving up to 50% of total sales for the biggest Cyber Week ever.
With the holidays right around the corner, consumers are figuring out the best way to accomplish their holiday shopping. As both consumers AND customer experience professionals, we’re deciphering strategies and tactics to provide the best customer experience possible to our customers, so that they can provide the best possible customer experience to their customers.
So, we asked CX professionals, if you could wish for anything this holiday season to make CX jobs and experiences easier, what would it be?
While we aren’t those magical elves up at the North Pole, we think we can help deliver up a few CX wishes.
The ultimate customer experience wishlist
- Earn your customers’ trust: The protectors of consumer data are wishing for customer relationships built on earned trust and delightfully relevant experiences across their entire journey.
- A single view of customers: The professionals who work hard each day to deliver the best customer experience possible have visions of integrated marketing platforms that present a single view of clean and accurate customer data.
- Personalization: No matter what, no matter where, no matter when, and no matter on which device, our retail experts are hoping for real-time, permission-based personalization so that consumers can complete their holiday shopping with ease.
- Take out the guesswork: Forget wishing. Our sales professionals want everyone to experience what it’s like when the guesswork is taken out of the selling process via forecasting, revenue management, and a genuine understanding of the customer.
- Self-service: The folks who are completely dedicated to serving others would love to see more businesses offer self-service portals that allow customers to manage their orders independently, whether through an AI chatbot or FAQs in a knowledge base.