After a year of turmoil and great challenges, it’s time for finance organizations to think about the way forward and how to get there.
As many countries slowly wind their economies back up and businesses move from survive to thrive, this is a tremendous opportunity to reshape the way finance works to stay agile, make quicker decisions – and get even closer to customers’ needs.
To better understand the role of Finance in smart enterprise I invited industry thought leader Efi Pylarinou and Martin Naraschewski, VP of Finance Solutions at SAP to watch the SAPPHIRE NOW Finance keynote and then join me on a livestream discussion to share their takeaways and perspective. You can watch the discussion here.
“Every decision starts or includes Finance.” – Efi Pylarinou
Every decision starts or includes #Finance.
📌 Empowering #CFOs to become transformation agents.
📌 #SAP is aggressively disrupting itself by being its own customer. #SAPPHIRENOW Watch https://t.co/dDZQ2fmP8y#agility #resilience #sustainability @SAPPHIRENOW pic.twitter.com/Pur1X6G84d
— Dr Efi Pylarinou (@efipm) June 10, 2021
We’ve seen that organizations that digitalized end-to-end business processes had the edge in adapting to the recent crisis through their ability to quickly recalibrate affected operations. Finance leaders, too, are reinventing the way they run their organizations with the aid of digital technologies.
As these enterprises engage in financial transformation, they are using innovative solutions to enable everything from protecting data in the cloud to developing new, services-based business models that bring them closer to their customers.
“Finance is embedded everywhere. Intelligent organizations are focused on smart financial integrations. ” – Efi Pylarinou
“A key challenge for the entire financial services environment is a substantial amount of regulatory reporting. It is important for technology solutions to be able to provide deep analysis quickly.” – Martin Naraschewski, VP of Finance Solutions at SAP
Transform your finance organization for resiliency and operational excellence
By integrating cloud ERP and financial management solutions from SAP, you can help maintain business continuity and minimize the impact of economic disruption, whatever form it may take.
Our comprehensive cloud ERP suite helps you establish consistent leadership across your top, bottom, and green line aided by:
- Machine learning–enabled processes
- Real-time, embedded analytics
- Automated groupwide processes
- Real-time evaluation
- Capabilities for a wide range of industries
And you can shift the focus to automation, processes, and governance by enabling enterprise transformation with finance solutions from SAP that offer:
- Real-time analysis
- Streamlined financial close processes
- Planning, budgeting, and forecasting capabilities
- Enterprise risk management
- Scalable subscription models
Join us for the finance keynote at SAPPHIRE NOW
Harness the power of digitalization to access insights and tools that help you respond to any situation in a nimble way.
Watch a recording of our SAPPHIRE NOW conference session, “Transform Finance and Risk with a Unified Platform in the Cloud,” from Thursday, June 10.
During the keynote, SAP CFO and executive board member Luka Mucic revealed how new technologies empower finance leaders to run their organizations in a strategic way.
Inspiring SAP Innovation Award winners who have implemented the latest SAP solutions to disrupt their industries were showcased. And a demo illustrated how SAP Cloud Identity Access Governance software can help you govern access authorizations with greater ease.
Meanwhile, SAP partner EY outlined how CFOs can evolve to reframe finance for tomorrow’s challenges.
Other highlights of the Americas session include:
- SAP regional leaders talked about finance organizations’ digital transformation journeys and chatted with photonics components company Excelitas Technologies Corporation about how it uses the SAP S/4HANA solution for central finance and SAP Solution Extensions to optimize its finance operations
- Nike Inc. explained how it protects data in the cloud to Christine Diaz, senior director, SAP S/4HANA finance and risk, center of excellence, North America
- Melinda van Honschooten, SAP solution architect at Microsoft Corporation, and Heidi Zhao, SAP’s solution owner for SAP Billing and Revenue Innovation Management, explored how organizations can use the solution to help them transition to a services-based model
While in EMEA, SAP customer highlights include:
- SAP experts explored finance organizations’ digital transformation journeys and talked with mobile phone operator Turkcell about how it is using SAP solutions to take groupwide finance to the next level
- SAP partner PWC spoke about how its customer Dicerna Pharmaceuticals uses SAP solutions as a foundation for growth
- Pharmaceutical company Sanofi described how SAP solutions help it ensure only the right people have access to processes at the right time
- Railway company Deutsche Bahn described its transition to a services-based model with Anne-Christin Ahrens, SAP’s solution management lead for SAP Billing and Revenue Innovation Management