What did your business learn from a year of unprecedented disruption that saw shifting customer expectations, disrupted supply chains, market uncertainty, and a rapid switch to remote working?
How quickly were you able to respond? And what can you do now to help your business regain and accelerate its growth trajectory?
After watching the SAPPHIRE NOW Midmarket keynote, I spoke with several industry experts to hear their predictions for 2021 and beyond. You can watch the discussion here.
Interconnected approach drives agility and growth
Many midsize companies this past year quickly realized the importance of connecting business systems and data across their organization. An interconnected business approach can help you position your business for more resilience and faster growth.
It lets you streamline decision-making, drive quality and reliability, speed up your operations, and compete with companies of all sizes, from large corporations to smaller, more nimble digital natives.
“Technology solutions are essential to help midmarket brands pivot, scale, and get closer to their customers.” –Martin Newman
Midsize companies have a unique opportunity to scale while keeping unique strengths of agility and the customer touch. Thinking about midmarket challenges and opportunities & using the cloud at @SAPPHIRENOW. https://t.co/bmMsgoalEX #SAPPHIRENOW #ERP #SupplyChain #Midmarket
— Lisa Anderson (@LisaAndersonLMA) June 10, 2021
Strengthening the supply chain through collaboration & integration
You also have to collaborate with external partners to ensure both a resilient supply chain and an adaptable business network that connects with employees and business processes.
But stand-alone point solutions are not the answer. They can lead to silos rather than supporting the interconnected approach you need. Over time, they become a patchwork of disconnected solutions that address specific needs but can’t provide a connected view or the ability to manage across the business and across the network.
“The e-commerce boom that is fueling this explosion of cross border international trade and the ability to compete on a global scale is made possible with a solid digital infrastructure of integrated businesses and marketplaces.” – Rachael White
The great thing for SMB with @SAP solutions is that they are designed so that companies with no IT department or technical team can easily create custom and innovative solutions for their business.
#SAPPHIRENOW #SMB #DigitalTransformation #innovation #entrepreneur #Founder #AI pic.twitter.com/MNqeMFlQfU
— M. Nadia Vincent #INNOVATION #SAPPHIRENOW #AI (@ITTransLeaders) June 10, 2021
It’s time to become an interconnected business.
Break down silos for visibility, agility, resilience
SAP software can help you fight organizational silos by digitally connecting finance, operations, HR, and sales. With greater visibility, increased collaboration, and streamlined processes between business functions, you gain improved agility, resilience, and sustainability – no matter what challenges or opportunities come next.
Working with SAP software helps you:
- Manage a rapid pace of change with the latest technology and proven cloud solutions
- Solve today’s challenges and scale as your needs evolve with a solution that’s the right size for your business
- Empower your workforce by enriching your employee network, regardless of where these employees are located
- Use the power of built-in artificial intelligence and machine learning capabilities to create innovations that fuel growth
- Access best practices and industry expertise adopted by best-run companies across the world
Wherever you are in your digital journey, SAP and our partners can support you in achieving your business goals. We can help you lay the foundation for the future, so your business is always ready for its next challenge.
Join us for the midmarket keynote at SAPPHIRE NOW
Find out how SAP solutions have helped midsized companies overcome challenges and how partnership with SAP has helped them evolve and succeed.
Watch a recording of our SAPPHIRE NOW conference session, “Learn About Tailored IT Solutions That Help Your Midsize Company Grow,” from Thursday, June 10.
Highlights of the keynote:
- A talk by SAP executive board member Scott Russell, who covered topics such as the state of midsize markets, the importance of being an interconnected business, and innovation in times of great change
- The “Hot Seat,” in which SAP executives answered participants’ questions from the live chat alongside global market research firm IDC
- Insights on digital transformation – and the challenges it presents for midsize businesses – from Norbert Rotter, CEO of NTT DATA Business Solutions, including how the RISE with SAP offering can facilitate ERP migrations to the cloud
- A discussion on how RISE with SAP differs from other cloud services – specifically for midsize companies – and how it can help your organization grow, for example by aiding supply chain visibility and helping you scale to meet customer expectations
Other highlights of the Americas session include contributions from the following SAP Innovation Award winners:
- Youth wellness nonprofit organization GENYOUth revealed how it has innovated during a time of great change
- Construction materials distributor Productos Metalúrgicos spoke about how integrated SAP solutions enable the flexibility it needs to help employees thrive in the new normal
While in EMEA, the following SAP Innovation Award winners shared their growth stories:
- Daimani revealed how digitally connecting every part of its business has been crucial to its success as a provider of five-star hospitality experiences
- EquiRatings, a data and analytics provider for the equestrian sports sector, describes its inspirational SAP solutions journey
With interactive content and much more, this session is invaluable for midmarket businesses seeking growth, even in times of uncertainty.